Transparent Body, Luminous World
the tantric yoga of sensation and perception
£54.95 $79.95 BUY
Box set includes: six mp3 CDs with 30 hours of audio; a book of transcriptions of the spoken meditations; and a slipcase.
‘Just as all objects shine with the light of the sun, so all experience shines with the light of pure knowing’
Transparent Body, Luminous World is a box set that includes six mp3 CDs with over 30 hours of guided yoga meditations, a 248-page paperback book of transcripts of the spoken meditations, and a slipcase.
The 24 yoga meditations explore the experience of the body and world as a continuously changing flow of sensations and perceptions appearing in, known by and made of awareness. These direct and penetrating contemplations discuss and facilitate the gradual alignment of the non-dual understanding with the way the body and world are felt and perceived.
‘Tantric wisdom tells us that everything we experience is made of pure Awareness – untouched, yet constantly manifesting as perceptions, sensations and thoughts. Under Rupert Spira’s precise and loving guidance, this esoteric teaching becomes an actual, felt experience. His words contain a profound transmission of the reality he’s describing. As you follow his pointing-out instructions, body, thoughts, sensations and sounds start to reveal themselves as arising inside a borderless Awareness. In time, you begin to feel your entire experience as saturated with Awareness, made of Awareness, dancing inside Awareness. Connecting to the Presence flowing through Rupert’s words, you literally catch the awakened state. Rupert’s pointing-out instructions can free Consciousness to recognize itself, so that gradually – or suddenly! – your body and the world around you become transparent to the knowing Presence that is experiencing itself as you.’
– Sally Kempton, author of Meditation for the Love of It and Awakening Shakti
‘Rupert speaks from within a field of infinite tenderness, mind and heart joined in awe of the mystery of existence. This is a voice from inside the truth, creating fresh language, a lovingly crafted stream of revelation. This is a voice of infinite gentleness speaking through space and time from the Awareness beyond space and time, reminding us all of our own essence. I am stunned by the beauty and clarity here. Transparent Body, Luminous World is an extraordinarily clear and sensitive articulation of sensory meditations I learned 47 years ago and have found infinitely valuable in personal experience and in teaching. These sensory explorations lead the way to developing practices that correspond with your intimate inner nature. There is nothing foreign in Rupert’s teaching; rather, here is an invitation to explore your own essence through direct experience.’
– Lorin Roche, author of The Radiance Sutras: 112 Gateways to the Yoga of Wonder and Delight and Meditation Secrets for Women
‘Rupert points out that it’s one thing to think the separate self doesn’t exist, quite another to actually feel it. Here, in extraordinary depth and clarity, we are taken through a series of explorative meditations to allow us to feel and experience directly our real nature – unnameable knowing – beyond all boundaries of time and space.’
– Billy Doyle, author of Yoga in the Kashmir Tradition: The Art of Listening and The Mirage of Separation
1. Exploring the True Experience of the Body
2. The Self-Aware Field of Consciousness
3. The White Radiance of Eternity
4. The Great Emptiness
5. The Magnificence of God’s Infinite Being
6. The Transparent Substance of the Body
7. Pure Knowing Is Outrageously Promiscuous
8. The True Body of Eternal, Infinite Consciousness
9. Dissolving the Body in Empty Openness
10. Realigning the Body with Our Understanding
11. The Body As Pure, Borderless Knowing
12. Experiencing the Body As Pure Vibration
13. Body and Breath Permeated by Empty Knowing
14. The Empty, Loving Space of Awareness
15. Dissolving Body, Breath and World into Pure Awareness
16. Pouring Emptiness into the Body
17. The Limitless Reality of All Experience
18. The Transparency of Things
19. The Garden of Experience
20. Offering the Body to Loving Emptiness
21. The Now Is ‘I Am’
22. Suffering Is a Call from Love
23. Kiss the Toad
24. Awareness’s Sacrifice of Its Own Eternity
About the author
From an early age Rupert Spira was deeply interested in the nature of reality. At the age of seventeen he learnt to meditate, and began a twenty-year period of study and practice in the classical Advaita Vedanta tradition under the guidance of Dr. Francis Roles and Shantananda Saraswati, the Shankaracharya of the north of India.
During this time he immersed himself in the teachings of P.D. Ouspensky, Krishnamurti, Rumi, Ramana Maharshi, Nisargadatta and Robert Adams, until he met his teacher, Francis Lucille, in 1997. Francis introduced Rupert to the Direct Path teachings of Atmananda Krishnamenon, the Tantric tradition of Kashmir Shaivism (which he had received from his teacher, Jean Klein), and, more importantly, directly indicated to him the true nature of experience. Rupert lives in the UK and holds regular meetings and retreats in Europe and the USA.